Working in a bilingual organisation
|14 June - 14 June
|£155+VAT (£125 + VAT for IAITH members )
|10:00 am - 16:00 pm
The aim of the workshop is to build the confidence and skills of Welsh speaking staff or Welsh leaners, to develop bilingual working skills and support them to use the Welsh language at work.
- Receive information about the background of the Welsh language, especially in reation to the workplace
- Have an opportunity to consider aspects such as confidence, proficiency and language register
- Have an opportunity to familiarise themselves with relevant vocabulary and terminology
- Have an opportunity to consider language use in various work scenarios and contexts e.g. day to day translation, chairing meeings, using bilingual social media
- Have an opportunity to discuss concerns and barriers
- Receive information about useful language aids
This course if for individuals working within bilingual organisations who would like to use more Welsh in their day-to-day work.
This course will be delivered in Welsh .
Siwan Tomos is the Director of Education and Training at IAITH: the Welsh centre for language planning. Siwan joined IAITH at the end of 2011 from an youth work background. She is responsible for our community focused projects. She is also an experienced trainer and has provided language awareness training to a host of organisations across Wales including the National Assembly, Ceredigion County Council, the County Voluntary Councils, Welsh National Opera and Hywel Dda Health Board. She also contributes to community-based research projects at IAITH.
For further information regarding this training session, please contact Siwan on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01745222053