During the last year IAITH have been working with The National Centre for Learning Welsh on the Information and Advice service for employers.
The scheme includes:
How to audit the Welsh language skills of your workforce, including details of an innovative online diagnostic tool currently in development.
The likely outcomes achieved by completing a Welsh language course.
Advice on the training available to support your workplace training needs.
Advice on supporting learners in the workplace.
Bespoke Welsh language information sessions.
The information sessions include:
1. An introduction to the current policy context;
2. Information regarding the need to plan bilingual workplaces;
3. Information about the advantages of developing institutional bilingualism for the learner, customer, other staff members and for the organisation;
4. Advice on how to analyse learning needs with regard to the Welsh language in your organisation;
5. Advice on the training available from the National Centre for Learning Welsh;
6. Advice on supporting learners in the workplace, and
7. Planning for the future.
The sessions are aimed at:
- Language officers
- Training officers
- HR staff