The purpose of Language Planners Wales (LPW) is to bring together professional language planners in Wales in order to:
- share information on language planning on a Welsh, British and European level;
- facilitate a discussion on developments in the field;
- promote professional development in language planning.
As it develops, Language Planners Wales will aim to offer opportunities to:
- discuss issues of interest in occasional seminars and conferences;
- share good practice;
- share papers and articles of interest to the field;
- receive information and news via a regular e-letter;
- contribute to an on-line discussion on language planning issues;
- network with other language planners;
- participate in processes to professionalize the field.
Language Planners Wales – Who is it for?
LPW exists for anyone involved in promoting the Welsh language or developing bilingualism in a professional capacity:
- independent consultants
- staff from economic and community development initiatives
- policy officers from public bodies and voluntary organisations
- staff from the mentrau iaith (language initiatives)
- staff from cultural agencies
If planning for the Welsh language is a part of your job in anyway, LPW will be of interest.