More Than Just Words
|Date:||01 December - 01 December|
|Fee:||£110 + VAT|
|Time:||9:30 am - 12:30 pm|
Raise awareness of More Than Just Words including the importance of the Active Offer and how working bilingually can improve the experience of individuals and families supported.
Training content –
- Brief overview of history/policy/legislation and frameworks in relation to the Welsh language
- Summarise the More Than Just Words Strategic Framework and Active Offer
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of individuals working within the sector to implement the Active Offer
- Discuss the impact working bilingually, using Welsh, can have on individuals and families supported by care
- Demonstrate how introducing the Welsh language and culture can be implemented in everyday work when assessing or supporting people in the social care sector
- Outline resources available to support people in their learning of Welsh
For more information regarding training, please contact Bethan Williams of Language Training Projects Manager.