Language Planners Wales adhere to the following core values and recognises that:
- languages and cultures have an intrinsic value as unique expressions of human experience;
- linguistic and cultural diversity should be valued;
- individual and group identity in terms of language and culture should be respected at all times;
- economic, political and social power relationships exist between different language groups;
- language issues are linked to issues of equality;
- one of the main functions of language planning is to act in the interests of less powerful languages.
LPW values and promotes:
- education, learning and professional development,
- intellectual debate and diversity of opinion,
- informed planning and action.